City & Guilds 2396 Level 4 Design and Verification
City and Guilds 2396-01 is the replacement qualification for City and Guilds 2391-20. It is essentially at a higher qualification level than 2391-20 at Level 4.
This qualification is aimed at experienced electrical professionals, electro technical engineers and other experienced individuals that work in electrical contracting field, who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and testing process.
This course is assessed in two parts:
- A project which covers the design of an electrical installation as specified by City & Guilds, this will take in excess of 25 hrs to complete. You will require BS 7671:2008, Guidance Notes No. 3 and the On-Site Guide.
- A 3hr written open book exam
In order to gain the qualification, candidates must pass each unit.
The 5 -day (normally delivered one day per week over a five week period) course prepares candidates to complete their design project and the written exam.
The course breakdown is as follows:-
- Introduction to statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical design, construction and management.
- The design, construction and commissioning processes
- The fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- The factors that affect choice of sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
- Applying design and verification procedures for single and poly phase electrical installations
Delegates attending this course must be 18 years of age or older. There are no formal entry requirements; however it is expected that delegates have successfully completed the following before registering for this course:
- 2382-10/20 Requirements for Electrical Installations or 2382-12 Requirements for Electrical Installations;
- 2391-10 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations, or 2394-01 Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations and / or 2395-01 Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
Delegates should also have industry experience as well as knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles.
|City & Guilds 2396 Level 4 Design and Verification||14th May 2018||5 days||£700 + VAT|
We now accept card payments powered by Card Save.