A three day course to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers, and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
This course is designed for Managers and Supervisors in any sector and any organisation who are required to manage risk and resources within their organisation.
This course covers, in detail, the core responsibilities of anyone tasked with managing workplace health and safety. Those responsibilities are covered in seven distinct units of study:
- Unit 1:Introducing managing safely
- Unit 2:Assessing risks
- Unit 3:Controlling risks
- Unit 4:Understanding responsibilities
- Unit 5:Understanding hazards
- Unit 6:Investigating incidents
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify how the law can have an impact on health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, assess their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the characteristics and benefits of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good health and safety performance.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a 45-minute written assessment paper and a practical assessment.
An IOSH ‘Managing Safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
|IOSH Managing Safely||
23rd April 2018
|4 Days||£450 + VAT|
|IOSH Managing Safely (Update)||27th April 2018||1 Day||£150 + VAT|
In house training
We can offer in house training for parties of 5 and above – Please contact us to arrange a consultation.